When considering having a pool built in your backyard, hiring the right builder can be a challenge. Here are a few things to consider in determining the best fit:
- What is the company’s experience and skill level? Do they have a competent, professional team?
- Is the company in good standing with your local Better Business Bureau?
- Do you know a friend or neighbor who has used the same company with good results? If not, can the company provide you with a list of reliable references?
- How long has the company been in business, and how long have they been building pools in your area? Be sure to visit their showroom to see a sample of their work.
- How many pools have they built? Does the company have longevity in the swimming pool industry?
- Are they familiar with local codes and swimming pool safety standards?
- What kind of warranty does the company give on the pool structure? Will it withstand the test of time?
- Will the company provide you with a clear written estimate so that you’re not confused about what work will be done?
- Will they finish the project on a timely basis and on budget, or will the company add hidden charges after the construction process has begun?
- Will the company take safety measures to ensure the care of your property throughout the construction process?
- Is the company financially stable so that there is no risk that you’ll be left with an unfinished pool if they go out of business?
- Does the company have an outstanding reputation in your community?
- Is this a company you can trust?
View our 7 Steps for Choosing a Pool Builder post for more in-depth information.