By Patty Bednarcyk
Torn between buying a pool or buying a boat? We think you’ll appreciate this light-hearted comparison of two popular, but very different, forms of family recreation.
Pool vs. Boat:
- You don’t need a trailer hitch, a tank of gas or a four-wheel drive vehicle to use your pool.
- Your neighbors will never complain about you leaving your pool parked in front of your house.
- The Coast Guard will never write you a ticket for allowing too many people into your pool.
- Your day at the pool will never be ruined because of a dead boat battery.
- You’ll never have to cram family, life jackets, pets and an ice chest into a hot car just to go use your pool.
- You’re not likely to get arrested if you suddenly decide to go “au naturale” in your pool.
- A pool will IMPROVE the look of your home, rather than detract from it.
- A pool may actually go UP in value over time, not down.
- Your new pool may actually cost less than a boat!
- You’ll be sad the day you sell your pool.
Well, maybe I’m biased, but I know from experience that a pool brings a long lasting enjoyment that can be shared with friends and family for years and years.
Patty Bednarcyk and her family have enjoyed a family pool for years.